When we buy lights we/you always seem to know someone who can put it up, Its normally one of the following:
- Uncle John ( who used to be an electrician when electric wasn’t invented)
- The neighbour ( the one who can do a bit of anything)
- My mate from the pub
- Cousins brother who is still in training
- or the man of the house ( because if he never he isn’t a real man)
Well if any of the above did do the job and they was not competent/qualified and have not got the relevant test equipment then you may be putting yourself and your family at risk.
If someone who does not understand electrics attempts to replace a light and does not connect the earth correctly or even puts up a metal light where no earth is present, then the first time you would no of a live to earth fault would be when you or one of your family has received an electric shock which could be FATAL.
Both cases was caused by DIYERS trying to be electrical contractors.
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM LETTING ANYBODY APART FROM QUALIFIED ELECTRICAL CONTRACTORS INSTALL ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT.
- TRAINING TO BECOME AN ELECTRICIAN TAKES 4 YEARS.
- AMOUNT OF TIME IT TAKES TO FIT A LIGHT FITTING TAKES APPROX 25 MINUTES
- TIME ALLOWED FOR CERTIFICATE AND PAPERWORK 20 MINUTES
COST FOR FITTING: £40+vat for first light £20+vat there after
(Not much really for peace of mind)
Find your light from the ranges below and give us a call today (fill in enquire form if out of hours)
Would you let any of the people mentioned above work on a GAS BOILER?? NO??
ask yourself this, you can smell gas if you have a gas leak?
with electric you don’t get given any clue until it is too late.
Contact us on: 01543 897 195 for your free quotation
email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit us at our office/showroom:
5 Stafford Road